High Power Connectors Hyperboloid Technology (Wire to Wire Connectors)
Sabritec’s High Power connectors utilize the superior performing Hyperboloid® contact technology, ideal for harsh and demanding environments with low contact resistance. These connectors provide high current ratings with smaller contacts for the same power thus saving overall weight and space.
HIGH POWER CONNECTORS
- Low coupling force
- Improved low rate of wear and high coupling durability
- Shock and vibration resistance
- Operate in harsh environments
- Increased power handling capability by 25% as compared to standard contacts
- Reduced contact resistance
- Contact elements can be insulated, to enable multi-pole use (coaxial)
- Contact mating sequence can be used to gain benefits such as power switching
- Mating of shorter contact can energize main power for system or safety requirements
Rack and Panel
Sabritec also provides rack and panel power and combo layout solutions. A hybrid configuration consisting of 3 phase power and integrated signal contacts can be combined with fiber optic contacts within a single panel solution. Accessory hardware is available with custom backshells and power modules exceeding 500 A current ratings.
Buss bars are attached to the threaded end of the connector pin or socket contact or standard cable crimp terminations for power cable AWG ratings with current ratings up to 500 Amps in a single contact. Blindmate or screw lock accessory hardware configurations are offered for any rack and panel solutions in a variety of sizes and configurations.
Complete 360 Degree RF connector shielding with EMI ground spring fingers integrated into each connector shell arrangement and cavity is also available. Modularity is key to the design with interchangeable insert assemblies available for an array of signal and power contact reverse gender configurations.