Sabritec offers a full range of space level products designed to meet the rigorous environmental requirements for use in space applications. Our space connector line includes filtered and non-filtered D-Subminiature and MIL-DTL-38999 Series III connectors. We offer a complete line of fibre channel connectors and contacts
including micro twinax, quadrax, quadsplitter, MILDTL-38999 twinax, and blindmate twinax connectors. Our space level triax connectors feature Sabritec's multiway connector (MTC) with size 10 triax/twinax
contacts for numerous insert arrangements.
Sabritec’s space level connectors meet requirements for outgassing, toxicity, flammability and environmental concerns, such as vibration and high/low temperature, suitable for use in space and military/aerospace applications.
The series includes straight and right angle cable mount and PCB mount connectors, in-series and between series adapters, as well as coax/triax transitional adapters, bulkhead receptacles and cable-bus terminators. Cable mount connectors are designed for all types of data-bus and video interconnect systems including MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC 429, 100 Base-T Ethernet, high speed video hot-link and fibre channel data links.
- Designed to ground outer shield of triax contact directly to the shell of the connector
- Multi-finger ground spring provides a multi-point contact engagement for superior EMI shielding
- Extremely low contact resistance
- Transmits data at 100 ohms
- Mates up to 14 contacts in a single interface
- Designed for ARINC 600 and MIL-DTL-38999 connectors
- Available in 60, 75 and 85 Ohm
- Optimized for balanced characteristic impedance between middle and center conductors
- No polarization required
- Multidirectional routing of cable
- Ideal for blindmate, rack and panel and circular interconnect requirements
MIL-DTL-38999 filter connectors are designed to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of Series I-IV. Filter connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter connectors. Sabritec has not been certified under the cognizance of the MIL-DTL-38999 standard and these parts are not covered by the QPL.
MIL-DTL-83723 Series III/MIL-C-26500 filter connectors are designed to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of military specifications. Filter connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter connectors. Sabritec has not been certified under the cognizance of the MIL-DTL-83723 standard and these parts are not covered by the QPL.
MIL-C-26482 Series II/MIL-DTL-83723 Series I filter connectors are designed to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of military specifications. Filter connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter connectors. Sabritec has not been certified under the cognizance of the MIL-DTL-83723 standard and these parts are not covered by the QPL.
MIL-DTL-24308 D-Subminiature filter connectors are designed to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of military specifications. Filter connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter connectors. Sabritec has not been certified under the cognizance of the MIL-DTL-24308 standard and these parts are not covered by the QPL.
MIL-DTL-83513 filter connectors are designed to meet or exceed all applicable requirements of military specifications. Filter connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter connectors. Sabritec has not been certified under the cognizance of the MIL-DTL-83513 standard and these parts are not covered by the QPL.
High powered EMI filtered D-Sub connectors including the single row size 8 power contacts (3W3, 3WK3, etc.). These connectors can achieve up to 47 nF per line. The planar capacitor provides excellent attenuation as well as meeting the Bellcore requirements for 1000 VDC Dielectric Withstanding Voltage. These connectors are intermateable and interchangeable with standard non-filter d-sub connectors. This series is available in PC tail, solder cup, and solderless press-fit terminations into standard plated thru holes.
High Speed Quadrax & Twinax
- Data Rates Exceeding 2 Gbit/Sec
- Bandwidth: Up to 3 Giga Hertz
- Can Be Driven Via Matched Impedance Differential Pair Interconnections For Board To Board High Speed Data Transfer
- Ideal For Reliable, High-Speed Transfer Of Digital Audio/Video Signals.
These connectors are available through our authorized distributors - click here for parts list
Quadrax is a system where four conductors are located within a single conducting enclosure. The connection to two separate twinax cables is accomplished without disturbing the differential or signal-to-shield impedances values. A complete series of connectors are available utilizing the Quadsplitter technology with Mil-DTL-38999 Series III connector types available in shell size 11 and shell size 25 housings.
- Data Rates Exceeding 2 Gbit/Sec
- Bandwidth: Up to 3 Gigahertz
- Low-latency, High-Throughput Signal Processing Applications
- Low Skew & Jitter
- Matched Impedance Differential Pair Twinax & Quadrax
- Standard & Custom Insert Arrangements
- Anti-Rotational Cavities
- Size 5 & 9 Quad and Twinax Contacts
Panel Mount Connectors
- Incorporates Differential Pair and Quadrax Contacts Into Standard
- Footprints for backplane termination
- High Density – 2 to 21 contacts
- Mixed Layouts (Signal, Power, Fiber Optic)
- 100-ohm and 150-ohm Impedance
- Allows the Use of Standard Bus Architecture
- Data Rates Exceeding 2 GHz/sec
These connectors provide low RF noise and high durability of up to 1,000 mating cycles. Sabritec connectors meet or exceed all requirements of MIL-STD-202 for shock and
vibration. Offered with 100 ohm quadrax and/or differential pair twinax contacts. Consult factory when other impedances are required. The size 10 contacts are 30% smaller package size than standard size 9 for tight space constraints. These contacts offer the same performance in a much smaller package size.
Sabritec’s Micro Twinax line features matched impedance miniaturized connectors that provide the user with controlled impedance and tightly spaced PCB footprint spacing. These connectors are available in true differential twinax packages of:
The NDL Micro Twinax Series is offered in threaded and quick disconnect styles and are 25% smaller in diameter than SMA coaxial connectors. The quick disconnect version has a diameter of .250” max and the threaded version has .250” Hex coupling nut.
The micro quadrax connectors maintain the signal to shield impedance throughout the mated connector pair (quad configuration applications exceeding 1 Gbit/sec) and are available in threaded versions including straight and right angle cable mount and PCB mount configurations.
- Reduction in size of 30% from Size 8 and a 25% from Size 9 contact sizes.
- Allows for more signals per connector as well as more signal density per square inch of panel space
- Offered in 100 ohm Quadrax and/or 100/150 ohm differential pair Twinax
- These contacts are available in MIL-DTL-38999 and Rugged D-Sub formats.
Micro-D Twinax Connectors (MDTX) offer twinax blindmate assemblies fitted into a low-profile metalized Micro-D style shell. This series allows for modularity of PCB routing of high speed signaling capable of 100 Ohm differential pair matched impedance for IEEE 1394b firewire and gigabit Ethernet applications in a size 10 twinax contact. These connectors allow for maximum space utilization, ultra miniature size, high vibration capability and are extremely light weight and modular with true signal integrity. Insert arrangements are available in 2, 4, 6 and 8 way twinax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid layouts. These connectors are available with locking post mechanisms or blind mate features
Sabritec’s Duraspeed line offers true differential pair matched impedance Twinax and Quadrax contacts, where the differential pair and signal to shield impedance is maintained throughout the connector pair, with rugged low insertion force/high mating cycle precision contacts capable of withstanding a minimum of 6,000 mating cycles. All Duraspeed Quadrax (DSQ) and Twinax (DST) contacts are designed to fit Sabritec's standard cavities for all existing connector formats of high speed product lines of MIL-DTL-38999, ARINC 600 and Rugged-Subminiature.
Fiber Optic Connectors / Contacts
- Robust Pin & Socket Versions
- Multimode Applications (62.5/125)
- Available for ARINC or MIL-DTL-38999 Applications
- Reduced Influence for Alignment Errors
- Increased Protection for Fiber
- Reduced Influence from Dirt and Debris
- Simple Cleaning
- Insertion Loss: - 0.8 dB (Typical)
- Robust Pin And Socket Design
- Multimode Applications (62.5/125)
- Concave, flat and PC end face geometries for excellent Mechanical Performance
- Physical Contact Polish Provides Low Loss & Low Reflection
- Insertion Loss: 0.7 Db (Typical)
- Maximum loss less than 1 dB for PC polish and less than 1.5 dB for SM polish
- Twist protection pin
- Multimode applications (62.5/125)
- Screwing lock
- Insertion loss:- 0.20 dB (Typical)
Coax Connectors / Contacts
High Frequency Micro-D Coax Connectors (MDHC) have a low VSWR up to 40 GHz (typ). These connectors have a constant 50 ohm airline impedance interface and are 30% smaller than our SCX coaxial connectors. Each coax contact has a maximum overall diameter of Ø.133" fitted into a low-profile metalized or plastic housing. MDHC coaxial contacts are a drop in replacement to Sabritec’s MDCX RF contacts with an increased.
Insert arrangements available in 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 way coax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid arrangements. frequency range from 10 GHz to 40 GHz. These connectors are RoHS compliant.
Multipin coax connectors with low VSWR of 1.25:1 up to 10 GHz (max mated pair). Each contact has a maximum diameter of 0.125" fitted into a low profile metalized housing. Insert arrangements available in 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 way coax assemblies with mixed signal and power contacts available in hybrid arrangements. These connectors are RoHS compliant.
SCX connectors feature a .145” maximum overall diameter with a .375” overall length for the mated connector pair. A revolutionary designed air dielectric interface resulting in exceptional RF performance with a 50-ohm characteristic impedance maintained throughout the mated connector pair. The result is an extremely small and rugged high frequency RF connector series with exceptionally low VSWR (1.25:1) from DC to 20 GHz.
Features a snap-in vibration proof connection, suitable for high shock mobile applications and space level connector requirements of extreme random vibration, thermal shock and outgassing environments. Frequency range is DC-40 GHz with low VSWR and insertion loss (dB) parameters of 0.10 dB max.
The rear body of the coaxial connector is extended to alleviate stress against the cable to connector solder joint. The slotted extension straddles the semi-rigid cable confining it to its initial direction while increasing the mutual solder surfaces between the cable and connector body.
Sabritec‘s High Frequency Coax Contacts are engineered with a “float mount” design to assure high performance (low VSWR) at microwave frequencies by preventing any air gap at the mating interface. These contacts are to be terminated to .086 diameter flexible cables.
- Size 8 and 12 cavities for MIL-DTL-38999, ARINC 404/600
- Fits Size 8 cavity for MIL-DTL-24308 D-Sub
- Spring loaded for optimum contact mating force
- High frequency performance
- Low VSWR • Size 8: 1.15:1 Typ Mated Pair
- Size 12: 1.25:1 Typ Mated Pair
- Insertion Loss:
- 0.15 dB to 26.5 GHz Typ (Size 8)
- 0.2 dB to 40 GHz Typ (Size 12)
- Socket contacts are spring loaded float mount
- Rugged interface works even if misaligned